So I am finally getting around to updating my build. After I got the 50 nearly all set up, my wife gave me the green light to buy a bigger tank, partly because she wanted at least one tang and that was a no go in a 50 gal.
Upgraded my RO to a dual membrane setup:
On which I am pulling nearly 90PSI!!
First I moved the 50 over(drained about half the water first)
Filled the First half of the tank with saltwater from my mixing barrel
Then moved everything over after it was filled up(the process of filling it up, then running it by itself was also in there)
The fish closet went something like this:
Empty 55 gal tank, and some of the equipment mounted on a board, which was mounted on the wall:
Add some plumbing:
And the skimmer, reactor, and dosing pumps:
A picture of the skimmer(my Christmas present) while I had it on the 50(waiting to set up the 90 at the time)
And of course my helper checking out the local fish store:
Here is a few pictures of stuff when I first got it. It was delayed a day because the shipper crushed the box, bursting a plastic bag, leaking saltwater. So the pilot didn’t want to fly with a leaking box:
Hammer and Duncan:
Here is a current picture of one of the other corals in my tank
As it sits right now.
90 Main plumbed through the wall to a 55 gal DIY sump. 4 BRS dosers, only one used right now(Kalk), DIY ATO through APEX, 2 Radions-2: Gen 1’s-One with the TIR wide angle lens, 3 MP10WES, Eheim 1260(1262 volute on the shelf) throttled back for sending water to the fuge and ractor, Eheim Return pump, 2- 100w eheim heaters, Aquamaxx Cone 2 skimmer, 2 fish-Clown and a Blue Chromis, and 20 gal ATO reservoir with a direct line from the RODI-with an electrically controlled valve and mechanical valve as failsafes.
Plans/Stuff yet to do:
I have an EB4 on the way, and will start vodka dosing, and 2 part dosing. I am going to switch out the volute on my eheim and make it into a 1262, and drive my reactor, return, and fuge. I am thinking about replacing it all together with a DC pump instead. I am also going to order a cleanup crew for the new tank.
Eventually I will also buy a neck cleaner for the skimmer and buy window tint for the back wall(as I didn’t paint the tank) I didn’t paint the tank because the wife said it was fine with a clear background, then later said she wanted it blacked out. I have heard of using tint before, so I am going to go down that road. I only have to pull the back wall mp 10 off. I also need to program my apex for the solenoid on the ATO. It will be programmed to come on once a week for just enough time to fill the ato reservoir. This should prevent it from overfilling if the mechanical float valve breaks. I also intend to put a electronic float switch in the ato reservoir to cut power to the solenoid. Maybe also one to signal its empty. Also kicking around putting one in the skimmer lid so I know if it is overfull. Well that’s it for now. I will put up more pictures down the road.