Western ND Reefs

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I've been working on updating the site to better show the pictures,so the coloring has changed. LMK if you have any requests to the site.-Dwolson2

Share | 

Dwolson's 24 Gal tank and 50 Gal Starfire Cube

Go down 
AuthorMessage
dwolson2

PostSubject: Dwolson's 24 Gal tank and 50 Gal Starfire Cube   Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:04 pm

Hey everyone!
I have 2 tanks. A 24 gal JBJ tank and a 50 gal cadlights starfire tank. Right now the 50 gal is in my garage waiting until I move to Minot to be set up and the 24 is set up with the livestock I will be putting in both tanks.

The 24 as it site right now, has an MP10WES, Full apex with VDM, 1/15th JBJ chiller, 1st Gen Radion, and WAY too much rock. When I reset the tanks up in Minot, The 24 will be all softies and the 50 will be mostly LPS. I will be running the MP10 and radion on the 50 and the stock LED's that come with the JBJ on it. I have a BMNAC6 for the 50 and a BRS dual Carbon/GFO reactor as well. Return pump will be an eheim 1260 or a tunze silence(still on the fence about that)

Here is a few pictures of my 24:
Before I trimmed back some xania and added a few more corals:

After wards, as well as some closeups:

Doesnt look as cool, but still a neat closeup
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jbyankees1

PostSubject: Re: Dwolson's 24 Gal tank and 50 Gal Starfire Cube   Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:06 pm

Nice looking tank!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dwolson2

PostSubject: Re: Dwolson's 24 Gal tank and 50 Gal Starfire Cube   Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:06 pm

Thanks! I will have to post pictures of the 50 up. Its got about an inch of water in it right now Sad but once I set it up, it should be a clean little set up.

I have to get a few things to mount the light, do you guys have a descent sized hardware store? I am going to use some bushings, flat iron, and longer(1.25") screws to mount it to my light stand.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dwolson2

PostSubject: Re: Dwolson's 24 Gal tank and 50 Gal Starfire Cube   Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:44 pm

I no longer have the 24(decided to only have one tank) and FINALLY got to set up the 50 gal! Smile

Here are some pictures. Also, I'm going to have sand in the bottom, but I need to get a hold of Jeff and pick it up.

Really simple rockwork:

and the bottom side:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jefferzbooboo

PostSubject: Re: Dwolson's 24 Gal tank and 50 Gal Starfire Cube   Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:17 am

Nice looking tanks. I really like your zoanthids.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dwolson2

PostSubject: Re: Dwolson's 24 Gal tank and 50 Gal Starfire Cube   Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:30 am

Thanks! All the zoas are still in CA right now Sad along with all the other corals. I will more than likely be sending for them at the end of this month or early next month.

On a side note, just checked my water and I'm at 1.023 Smile very close to what I am going to run at(1.025)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jefferzbooboo

PostSubject: Re: Dwolson's 24 Gal tank and 50 Gal Starfire Cube   Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:45 am

If you're still looking for hardware stores there's Mac's, they're not a full hardware store but definitely worth a stop to see what they have, they have a little bit of everything. There's a Menards towards the south end of town, Home Depot will be in Minot in 2014, for now you can order stuff and have it shipped to a little package depot type thing down by the Dodge dealer. Let me know on a time for the sand and I can run it down to Minot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dwolson2

PostSubject: Re: Dwolson's 24 Gal tank and 50 Gal Starfire Cube   Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:37 am

Will do. I'm going to be gone til next weekend, so it will have to be after that. I will look up Macs, I ended up running to Menards for 2 $ in plumbing. Cost more in gas Than parts. Lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dwolson2

PostSubject: Re: Dwolson's 24 Gal tank and 50 Gal Starfire Cube   Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:23 pm

Updated picture:

Have 2 blizzard clownfish in there.
Here is my daughter showing off "deliah" and "deliah 2"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dwolson's 24 Gal tank and 50 Gal Starfire Cube   

Back to top Go down

Dwolson's 24 Gal tank and 50 Gal Starfire Cube
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General :: Member's Reef Tank-